Matheson Hall

The historic Matheson Hall building - one of the oldest in Stornoway - is to be the hub of school technology.

The building, originally built in 1904 to help accommodate the growing number of Nicolson Institute pupils, is to become the home to an information and communications technology facility.

‘Glow’ as it is known, will help the Education and Children’s Service Department to support, maintain and protect the computer networks, systems and applications used by Western Isles pupils and staff.

Full story in today’s Stornoway Gazette.