No action by HSE over island incident

0
Have your say

An investigation into a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Stornoway workplace has been concluded by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

A spokesperson for HSE said: “I can confirm that HSE’s investigation has completed but further enquiries are being made by gas safe register.

“We have taken no action as a result of our investigation.”

The incident on February 4th on Seaforth Road resulted in five casualties who were treated by paramedics at the scene for symptoms of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police, ambulance and fire services attended the incident and in the following weeks a team from the HSE visited Stornoway to carry out investigations.

Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.

The main focus of the Register is on improving and maintaining gas safety to the highest standards.