Be Here Now is the third release in the Oasis ‘Chasing The Sun: 1993-1997’ series, to be released this week on Big Brother Recordings.
This album follows the successful re-releases of the legendary Manchester band’s first two albums, ‘Definitely Maybe’ and ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’, which were both part of the same series.
Arguably the most anticipated British album release of all time, ‘Be Here Now’ was recorded with producer Owen Morris at Abbey Road Studios, between October 1996 and May 1997.
The previous summer, Oasis has played to over 250,000 people over two nights at Knebworth House, in what for many people were the defining gigs of the 1990s.
Originally released at midnight on Thursday August 21 1997, the album sold 700,000 copies in just three days and remains to this day the fastest selling UK album on release.
To date it has sold over eight million copies worldwide.
Remastered from the original tapes, ‘Be Here Now’ Chasing The Sun Edition will be available on the following formats:
– Standard CD & digital download
– Special Edition 3 x CD & Deluxe digital download
– 12” vinyl LP with download code for 2 volumes of bonus content
– limited edition Super Deluxe Box Set – including LP, Special Edition 3 x CD, hardback coffee table book with new sleeve notes, exclusive vinyl plus a 12” white label sampler of the Mustique demos and Oasis merchandise
– the Special Edition CD, Deluxe Download and Super Deluxe Box Set formats feature bonus content of B-sides, rare and unreleased Oasis tracks from the ‘Be Here Now’ era, plus a brand new Noel Gallagher mix of ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’
∙ For your chance to win a copy of the ‘Be Here Now’ standard CD reissue, simply answer the following question:
Where was ‘Be Here Now’ recorded in 1996?
Send your answers and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.