Caravan television licence warnings

As thousands of people prepare to flock to their favourite holiday hotspots in the Borders for the May Bank holidays, TV Licensing is reminding them to check they are correctly licensed.

Tuesday, 19th April 2016, 3:49 pm
Updated Tuesday, 19th April 2016, 4:55 pm
Rosetta Hoilday Park, Peebles. Caravan and camp site

With around 20 sites across including Lidalia and Melrose Gibson Park sites, it’s important holidaymakers understand whether they require a second TV licence if they are planning to watch TV while away.

Although the majority of UK homes are correctly licensed, holidaymakers who plan to watch or record live TV in their static caravan or mobile home will need a second TV Licence if TV receiving equipment is in use at both addresses at the same time. If a TV set or other equipment is never in use at both locations at the same time, one licence will cover both addresses.

Touring caravans and motorhomes are covered by the TV Licence at the holder’s home address.