Fire at Stornoway home

Fire crews were called to a fire at a residential property on Springfield Road, Stornoway on Wednesday.

Two appliances from Stornoway and one from Shawbost attended a fire in a first floor bedroom at a one and a half storey mid terraced house on May 20th at 9.38pm.

Crews in breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets and one main jet to extinguish the fire. They also used small gear to cut away and check for signs for any further fire spread. One occupant was evacuated from the property and was checked over by paramedics for slight smoke inhalation.