One hundred years of the Pentland Road was marked last Saturday by a series of events organised by the Carloway Historical Society.
This included a rally of vintage vehicles on the road who were led into Carloway by local pipers. A buffet was held in the Community Centre with an exhibition in the hall and a dance was held that evening which included entertainment from the Ness Melodeon Band with music and dancing on the road itself. On September 6, 1912 this photograph was taken of the road being officially opened by the Secretary for Scotland, Thomas MacKinnon Wood.
This photograph was recreated on Saturday with those in attendance.