Sports facilities in the Western Isles begin reopening
The following are the key dates for the reopening of sports facilities in the Western Isles:
• Gym facilities at Ionad Spòrs Leòdhais (ISL) will reopen at 4pm on Wednesday, September 2.
• The gym facilities at Castlebay and Lionacleit are scheduled to open next week and plans are still being finalised for the reopening of the Harris gym facilities. Further information on these facilities will be shared in due course.
• Contractors are currently undertaking essential maintenance work in the ISL pool area and once again, a further update will be shared in due course.
• To ensure that the facility can support the rapidly changing guidance for physical activity for school pupils, which has been prioritised by The Scottish Government, for the first three weeks of reopening, the ISL gym will be open from 4-10pm weekdays, and all day on Saturday from 8.30am.
• The capacity will be reduced to ensure social distancing and ventilation criteria are met.
• At ISL, 11 slots will be available for cardio training and four slots for strength training in each 40 minute session.
• One slot in each section will be retained for phone bookings for those without access to the internet. Phone bookings can be made from noon the previous day by calling by calling 01851 822800.